Mulled Apple Cider with a Twist
- ½ gallon fresh apple cider
- 1 medium organic orange sliced
- ½ c. fresh orange juice
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 10-15 whole cloves
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. five-spice powder
- Optional garnish:
- Fresh orange slices
- whole cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7. When finished, remove and discard cinnamon sticks and cooked orange slices.
- Ladle warm cider into large mugs and serve with additional orange slices and fresh cinnamon sticks, if desired.