Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Oats
- 1 c. steel cut oats
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. fresh apple cider
- 2 medium apples cored and diced
- 1½ T. honey preferably local
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. salt to taste
- 1 medium apple cored and diced
- ½ c. pecans chopped
- Real maple syrup
- Add oats, water, cider, apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt to greased or lined slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Actual cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker, so check for doneness after 5 hours and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- To serve, allow to cool slightly before spooning into bowls and topping with fresh chopped apples, pecans, and some real maple syrup, if desired.