Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth preferably organic*
- 3 stalks celery very finely chopped
- 2 8- oz. packages cream cheese
- ¾ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper finely minced
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese divided
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese finely shredded
- 3 green onions tops sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno sliced (optional)
- To Serve:
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks.
*Tip: You may need to add additional chicken broth before serving to achieve desired consistency.