Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- 1½ lbs. fresh green beans tips removed and cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1 T. fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Feta cheese crumbled
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain the green beans and then transfer to a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
- Remove green beans from the ice bath and pat dry before adding to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately. Salad can also be chilled and served cold.