Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Gremolata
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1½ t. Mediterranean-spiced sea salt*
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 whole lemons cut in half
- Shaved Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- ¼ c. fresh parsley leaves washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 t. organic lemon zest
- 2 t. preserved lemon rind rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place asparagus in a wide, shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine and set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinade.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill to medium-high. Place asparagus and lemon halves over direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Top with gremolata and serve immediately with grilled lemons for squeezing and shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
*Mediterranean-spiced sea salt - Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2NsBdT4