Grilled Tuna Steaks with Preserved Lemon Gremolata
- 4 6- oz. sushi-grade tuna steaks approximately 3/4” thick
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Mediterranean-spiced sea salt to taste*
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons cut in half
- ¼ c. fresh parsley leaves washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 t. organic lemon zest
- 2 t. preserved lemon rind rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Clean and spray grates of a gas grill with non-stick cooking spray and set heat to high. Close lid until grill comes to temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley, lemon zest, preserved lemon rind, and garlic a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Open grill and place tuna steaks and lemon halves over direct heat. Cook tuna for 2 minutes per side for rare. Increase time slightly for medium, but do not overcook.
- Remove tuna and grilled lemon halves from heat and serve immediately topped with some gremolata. Serve with our grilled marinated asparagus or other side of your choice. Enjoy!
*Mediterranean-spiced sea salt - Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2NsBdT4 Note to publisher: Grilled Marinated Asparagus recipe with additional photos is also included in this pack.