Pineapple-Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 t. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice divided
- 2 large avocados
- 1 c. fresh pineapple diced
- 1 T. fresh pineapple juice
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro stems removed and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and add to the hot skillet. Add ground cumin and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine and transfer to a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove seed and score the flesh in evenly spaced rows lengthwise and crosswise to create equal-sized chunks. Scoop avocado out of shell and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent browning. Reserve avocado shells and set aside.
- Add avocado, pineapple, pineapple juice, onion, and cilantro to a large non-reactive bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Remove chilled shrimp from the refrigerator and chop into equal-size chunks. Fold shrimp into avocado-pineapple mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into reserved avocado shells and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional info (per serving)*
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Fat Total: 22 (saturated fat: 3.1g)
*Nutritional information is from HappyForks.com. It is provided for entertainment purposes only.