Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 large head garlic
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 115- oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. tahini
- 3 T. water
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the top off garlic head and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, water, ground cumin and cayenne pepper to a blender or food processor. Once cool, remove roasted garlic cloves from outer skin and add to the container.
- Season with sea salt, to taste, and blend until smooth. Add more water, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables and Kalamata olives. Enjoy!
To serve: Fresh vegetables: Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and/or celery Kalamata olives High-quality extra virgin olive oil Smoked paprika, for garnish