Spicy Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 pound spicy bulk pork sausage crumbled
- 1 pound sweet bulk pork sausage crumbled
- ½ c. chicken or vegetable stock plus additional, if needed
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 15- oz. cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 15.5- oz. cans red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 28- oz. cans tomato puree
- 1 6- oz. can tomato paste
- 1 28- oz. can petite-cut tomatoes undrained
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. oregano dried
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. black coffee or water, if needed
- Salt to taste
- Garnish (optional)
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ c. chopped red onion
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers sliced
- In a large skillet, brown pork sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from pan. Transfer browned sausage to slow cooker crock.
- Return skillet to burner over medium-high heat. Deglaze pan with chicken or vegetable stock, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a spatula.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onion to pan and cook, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add celery and carrot and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour skillet contents into slow cooker.
- Add white beans, red beans, tomato puree, tomato paste, petite-cut tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper to slow cooker. Stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly. If desired, add water or black coffee to thin mixture before cooking.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. When finished, stir and add salt to taste. Adjust other seasonings, as desired.
- Spoon into bowls and top with shredded cheese, chopped onions and/or sliced jalapeno peppers. Serve immediately. Freeze or refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This recipe originally appeared in the Comfort Cooking Mega PLR Pack. If you like this recipe, use coupon code SlowCookerDeal to save $10!